This recipe is so easy and soo delicious! Garlic, butter, ramen? What’s not to love? For anyone who doesn’t love cooking and wants a fast easy meal to prepare this is for you! The only comment I have is that it was a bit salty but you could probably cut down on the soy sauce and adjust to taste. Otherwise, definitely going to be one of my go-to recipes in the future!
Time: It actually took me 20 minutes to prep but maybe now that I know how to make it I can shorten it to 15 minutes 😉
Calories/serving: ~ 413
- 2 ramen noodle packs, seasoning packet discarded*
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled + grated**
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste***
- 2 small or 1 medium zucchini spiralized or grated****
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 4 soft boiled or fried eggs
- toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often to ensure the garlic is not burning. You want to slowly caramelize the garlic in the butter.
- Add the ginger and miso paste and cook another minute.
- Add the zucchini and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the cooked ramen noodles and remove from heat.
- Add soy sauce and basil. Toss to combine.
- Divide the noodles among bowls and top with eggs and sesame seeds.
*I just used Mr. Noodles.
**I used 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
***I have never been able to find this in grocery stores. I’ve read you can substitute soy sauce but there is already enough in this recipe so you could just omit the miso paste.
****You could use any vegetable here such as spinach.
- Stove pot
- Large skillet
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons/cups
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY – EASY
- Steps: 7
- Rating: Moderate
- 15-20 minutes prep time
- Rating: Easy
- Ingredients & availability
- 10 ingredients
- Most ingredients are normal but I am unable to find miso paste
- Rating: Easy