This recipe is sooo delicious! It’s a little higher on the prep time but the slow cooker does all the cooking for you and you have a delicious meal ready for you at dinner time. The chicken is literally fall apart combined with ham and cheesy goodness and a yummy sauce! Pair it with a garden salad or pasta or rice and you have yourself a meal! We will definitely be making this recipe again!
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY – MODERATE
- Steps: 3
- Rating: Easy
- 42 minutes prep time
- Rating: Moderate
- Ingredients & availability
- 11-12 ingredients
- All ingredients you can easily find at any grocery store
- Rating: Moderate
- Meat mallet
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Can opener
- Tooth picks
- Large skillet
- Slow cooker
Time: 42 min. prep + 4-5 hours cook time
Calories/serving: ~ 525
I got this recipe from Taste of Home. You can find the original HERE.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (227 grams each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham (I used deli honey ham)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (284 ml) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.