I wanted to make tacos for Cinco de Mayo and I had some pork tenderloin in the freezer so I googled some recipes and stumbled across this one from Feasting Not Fasting. You guys it is soooo good and sooooo EASY!! It only takes 15 min. of prep work and then it cooks all day in the slow cooker for you. There is a bit of kick but I’m a fan of spice! Serve it with all your favourite taco toppings. This is a great weeknight recipe!
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY – EASY – MODERATE
- Steps: 5
- Rating: Easy
- 15 minutes prep time
- Rating: Easy
- Ingredients & availability
- 11-12 ingredients
- Most ingredients you can easily find at any grocery store. If you use Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, I have only bought it from Sobeys. I have never been able to find it at Walmart.
- Rating: Moderate
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Slow cooker
- Cutting board
- 2 Forks
- Baking sheet
Time: 15. prep + 8 hours cook time = 8 hours + 15 min. total
Servings: 8 – 10
Calories/serving: ~ 113 – 142/serving
- 2-3 lb. pork tenderloin (may need two tenderloins for this)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 – 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped (about 1 Tbsp., can use 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder instead)
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Place pork tenderloins in crock-pot and sprinkle with spices. Add chipotle peppers, lime juice, and orange juice. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high for about 4 hours. Pork should be easily shreddable when done.
- Use two forks to shred pork, adjust seasoning level if desired.
- Preheat broiler and transfer shredded pork to a baking sheet, spread out in a medium-thin layer, leaving any juices in the crock-pot.
- Broil on low for about 5 minutes until it starts to get crisp but is not burnt or dried out. Remove pork and toss with reserved cooking liquid to moisten.
- Stir in fresh cilantro and serve with taco fixings or over Mexican flavored rice.